Re: cifs (Samba) & apache2

From: mdf <michaelfigley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 09:27:50 AKST

Luke D wrote:
> I looked in the logs and there is nothing I can see that would stop
> this from happening and since I can see the files via my browser then
> I should be able to to download them? Or is there a special permission
> for listing files. Were do I turn up debugging? That is something I
> have not done in Linux yet.

Have ruled out underlying permission?

apache user requires read access as unix user and samba client user
samba service user requires read access as unix user
( is smbfs mounted as user or guest? )

to debug samba, increase loglevel in smb.conf
"loglevel = 7" #(or something)

debug apache, set "LogLevel debug"
in relevant config file

you might post relevant snippet
of smb.conf ( the share portion )

if all else failed, I'd try chmod -R ugo+r on top of your
samba dir.

You did say the samba share is hosted on linux?

%Cheers%

mike F.