moving the mail server

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 22:24:25 AKST

I agree with those that are wanting to keep the mail server where it
is. Despite the fact that Dee has offered himself to help in this
area, having server diversity has served us well when our connection
has gotten lost, our hardware has crapped out and many other problems
that we have had in the past.

I agree that we should have control too, and having lost Mike T from
UAA has put a bit of a crimp in our style.

Mike, if your still on the list, could you please put me in contact
with someone who is most probably managing our mail list?

Additionally, some of you may already know this, but there have been
quite a few of our members recently quiting the list. They didn't quit
because the mail list server was having problems.

Part of this is driven by our lack of organization and of willingness
on the part of the rest of the members to participate.

This leaves the work to a few overworked good hearted folks to manage
the services that we provide to the membership.

Currently we are between Presidents. I've been patiently waiting for
some brave sole to step up. Not a single person has committed to this
role.

Because of the gap, I'm going to step into it. My goal will be to grow
the membership, provide training opportunities, and look to stabilize
the services that we offer.

In the past two years we have had plenty of opportunity to participate
in the ITExpo. We have had a less than steller showing. This doesn't
take away from the folks who have shown their dedication by setting up
these events and participating, speaking, etc.

There has been a general malaise in the group and its time for us to
change. We either need to start moving forward, or let this
organization fade away for lack of participation.

We've seen better days. We could see more.

Mike B.