Re: Core 2 Duo or AMD 64bit (something)

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 17:45:46 AKST

I read up on both. I'm still confused. Is 64 bit Linux the same for both
processors?

Ubuntu has a 64 bit version for the AMD processor. Will this work on the
Intel chip? You might have to recompile the kernel but I'm hoping the 64
bit libraries will work.

I think I'll keep things simple and go AMD. That way I can use AMD 64
bit Ubuntu if I want.