RE: MythTV + pchdtv 5500 + GCI Digital Cable == Need some help

From: Jensen, Sean P. <SEAN.P.JENSEN@saic.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 08:56:48 AKDT

It might be a deal breaker depending on several aspects.
  1. Is the converter box you describe the std GCI digital PVR?
  2. How big is it?
  3. Is it a passive device, or does Linux/MythTV have to "speak" to/with
it?

Also what converter box would you suggest(URL's would be great), I'll
probably look down that road to see if it might be worth it, but of course
my desire would be to have everything contained inside the computer.

Sean P. Jensen