FW: pptp vpn

From: ep <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 16:25:56 AKDT

"Wireless hot spots and Internet Cafes that use broad band routers like
Linksys may not have this feature turned on"

I have seen the option enabled by default on many devices before, and many
not...

"With SSL based VPN's you don't need to turn anything on. It just works.
Assuming you have the server and client configured correctly.

Turn anything on? Look at those config files dude...There's time
spent...I'll race ya ;p)?

Now about the m$ part of your email. Who would ever do network security with
m$"

Okay, you asked for it. Go ahead and get a copy of ettercap or cain, and
learn to do a ssl man in the middle on any ssl vpn solution out there. Then
after you have learned to exploit ssl vpns, either by man in the middle or
simple web exploits like xss, go ahead and learn how to crack m$ pptp. Now,
you were saying about m$ pptp security? Looks like both fall fairly fast
there huh? Ah the joys of layer 2? Security is ipsec.

Now to why someone would want to learn or use m$ pptp

1) to learn and to enjoy understanding weaknesses
2) roi ;p)
3) a fella that just wants to put some files on his server fom school, and
wants a fast solution due to being busy with homework...

Lol, my god, did I just press send?

--eddie