Re: pptp vpn

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 11:18:48 AKDT

What you want for this is OpenVPN. It does everything over SSL. This is
really cool because you can us it through a firewall. A lot of firewalls
do network address translation or NAT for short. PPTP doesn't work with
NAT. You can get fancy routers that tag each packet but it's a hack. You
are better off using an SSL based VPN.

If you are connecting Windows clients to your home network just get
IPCop. There is a module for OpenVPN. There should be a way to connect
Linux clients to IPCop but I havn't had time to look into it.

Here's the site for OpenVPN: http://openvpn.net/

Admin tool: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openvpnadmin/