Re: pptp vpn

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 21:29:57 AKDT

I believe he's client to site, not site to site (main mode vs
aggressive/xauth but mschap/pptp lol...). I think he's doing dhcp on the
endpoint server, if he's following the m$ way of pptp. This will work
with/through nat on client side and site side (his router), client side is
just egress traffic, the only hitch here is if the school blocks pptp or
proxies in some fashion.

For the dynamic ip address at server end; write a script to update the addr
to your home page logs somewhere, ran by cron (contact me if ya need one),
or goto whatsmyip.org every now and then and see how often your ip changes,
maybe your one of the lucky ones. Or, pay 10 bucks and get a static ;p)

As insecure as mschap is, I would still take m$ pptp over ftp any day...

2 cents,
--eddie