Re: FAQ: who do people like (or dislike least) for domain registrations?

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Sat Sep 30 2006 - 19:50:53 AKDT

lee wrote:
> It's time to renew a couple of domain registrations, and so I'm
> wondering at this day and time who folks like to use, dislike, or (as is
> more probable) don't like any of them, but dislike the least?

I use Joker.com, which is a pretty simple, pretty usable domain
registrar. They'll allow you to pay for additional years of
registration without logging in (evidently anybody can pay for anybody's
registration; I guess that's a bonus) but things like email changes are
difficult to get done. They do DNS hosting for free and forwarding for
free though.

As well, they're in .de so anything huge that needs to be done (like
switching to another registrar) requires actual paperwork (unheard of!)
and sending it to .de. Makes me want to go sour on some krauts...

Adam