Re: Software RAID - bunny trail

From: Ben <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 15:32:38 AKDT

Matt,

The script you offer will save the fat-fingered error, but it doesn't
help with disk failure which is what I am attempting to avoid in initial
design. (IE: I don't trust cheap maxtors, but two 120's fell in my lap -
so sue me) The script would be more of a second tier measure as I build
this, albiet a good idea.

Anyone else here using USB drives to add decent quick-add storage? Note:
speed is not an issue, so don't bother lighting the flame torches.

-Ben