Re: Software Freedom Day - why did ALASKA get left out?

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 20:32:24 AKDT

With only 123 registered Linux users in the state, they probably just didn't figure there were enough of us to bother notifying.
Might of also made some difference if we'd managed to find out about this on our own somewhat more than a week before it's happening. Looks like everyone else is just putting he finishing touches on their plans. I don't know that much could be done at this point for this year, but we could think about something for next.

Speaking of registered Linux Users, I notice that Greg and I are the only involved with this email that appear to be registered. I can't seem to find Stan or Fielder or Bob or Mike or Damien in the lists anywhere ;-)

http://counter.li.org/reports/place.php?place=US%3AAk

I guess we aren't doing to bad on a per-capita basis though compared to the Nat. average. We appear to be running a little over double that.

Hope nobody minds, but I think I'll move this over to the list and see if anyone else has some input.

Besides, I think Arthur, the official Linux Counter maintainer for Alaska, sometimes likes an opening to remind us about this.

Jim G