Re: Curious question

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 10:05:34 AKDT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Tony wrote:

> Hi Adam and everyone:
>
> I note the number of systems that you worked with.
> What a pain.
>
> Just stick to one and be done with it.
>
> Tony

If only it were that easy. I'd only like to deal with my distribution
everywhere I go (and I get to 90% of the time), but there's a lot of
commercial software out there that is only officially supported on one
specific distribution's version. In situations like that, you don't get to
pick. I'm sure that's part of what Adam is dealing with. It's definitely
the reason why I have more OS'es and distributions to deal with than I'd
prefer.

         --Arthur Corliss