Re: Er.... for Sendmail users......

From: Matthew Schumacher <schu@schu.net>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 12:37:28 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:
> First of all I deal with small mail servers. My current client only has
> 9 users. That includes me. Most of what you are talking about doesn't
> apply to small mail servers.

Damien,

Glad your setup works well for you. Sorry if my post sounded like I was
tearing your setup apart, it wasn't my intention. I guess my reasoning
for posting was to point out the advantages of other ways of doing it.
Your right though, with only 9 users, pretty much anything will work,
and in fact, it might even be faster since the sendmail/mimedefang
system does use a lot of memory. While keeping everything in memory all
of the time is great for large systems, it may not work as well for
small systems.

schu