Re: Er.... for Sendmail users......

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 07:33:15 AKDT

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Arthur Corliss wrote:

> ROI is
> just as valid a rationale as technical elegance and accuracy.
>
> And, of course, what I've said about MTAs also applies to the other layers
> (IMAP, etc.) as well. If you like your current MTA keep using it.

And whatever you do, keep your configs! ROI goes way up, especially if you
set up a lot of mailservers. (For people like damien.)

I started hating life a lot less when I started keeping configs around, as
well as creating little build scripts (nothing more than 'cd's, 'make's,
etc). If you've ever had to build ANY mta from scratch with all the
fixin's, you'll know that it takes a while that first time. Leaving
around configs and build scripts (and howtos!) make life a lot easier in a
pinch -and for the next guy down the line.

Adam