Re: Er.... for Sendmail users......enough

From: Matthew Schumacher <schu@schu.net>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 09:52:34 AKDT

Adam Bultman wrote:

> Eek. how do I handle multiple mail servers? Mounting my mail via a
> netapp isn't a bad idea - a lot of people do it. You need a bit more CPU
> horsepower to handle it, but I know of at least a few people who do it.
> AFAIK, it's the only graceful way to handle mail clusters of indeterminate
> size.

Ok, you have the age old question of fault tolerant mail now. With
iscsi you would have a cold spare that would mount the target if the
primary failed. Aside from that you would have to do some trickery with
the murder, the imap/pop aggregator. Start reading on the list
archives, there is a lot of information.

>> Where are you users stored? LDAP?

If you tell me where your users live I may be able to help you with your
milter (if I have time, I've aready burned plenty today.)

> Solaris is what is used here. It's not my choice. And I know sendmail
> doesn't require glibc - after all, it's running as we speak ;). However,
> in order to build the milter, I need glibc - which doesn't exist. Im'
> still working on it.

I didn't know that milter needed glibc, interesting. Almost makes me
want to fire up my ultra 5 and start compiling.

schu