Re: Free virus scanners

From: Piet van Weel <pmvw@outwardfocus.net>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 23:38:31 AKDT

Personally...
I've used all of the top four programs listed in this MajorGeeks
extract, and I tend to stay with Avast.
Piet

At MajorGeeks, we suggest you try other anti-virus, including free ones.
Here are some you can try. View the description, check the screenshot
and try the one that you like the most:

AVG has kept the owners here, and the files you download, clean for over
5 years:
http://majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html

Avast is a popular choice:
http://majorgeeks.com/Avast_Home_Edition_d1968.html

AntiVir is another popular choice:
http://majorgeeks.com/AntiVir_Person...on_7_d955.html
<http://majorgeeks.com/AntiVir_Personal_Edition_7_d955.html>

ClamAV is newer, but gaining in popularity:
http://majorgeeks.com/ClamAVSOSDG_d4420.html

Like spending money? Try NOD32 (Not really for the novice):
http://majorgeeks.com/NOD32_Antivirus_System_d3704.html