Fwd: Re: ACS and GCI: Neener neener neener (WAS: Re: KDE 3.5.3, IPv6, and CUPS)

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 19:45:02 AKDT

Oops. Accidently did reply instead of reply all and I wasn't going to type it again,
Jim Gribbin

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
To: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:41:00 -0800
Subject: Re: ACS and GCI: Neener neener neener (WAS: Re: KDE 3.5.3, IPv6,
  and CUPS)

----36c6443774b450a3

I don't remember an 'accidental' one, but I do seem to remember when I first got involved with AKLUG there were a couple of members wanting to do something like this as a 'Community Service Project'.

There was talk of using a 'Ring' ATU used to have (pre-Internet) and even some sort of laser or microwave wireless setup.

I don't recall offhand who was involved in the discussion, but it seems like Mike Tibor and Aurthur Corliss were among them. This was just about the time of the Installfest at APU.

Of course, the Internet was a lot smaller then. I think Internet Alaska and GCI had something like 4 T1s each for Internet backbone up here. You'd probably need need to get one of AT&T OC12s to even think about doing that now.

Jim Gribbin