Re: Programming IDE for PHP.

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 10:10:18 AKDT

I've used emacs and vim for LAMPR (that's lamp + rebol - php) for years
for web programming and utilities.
" Emacs is not an editor it's an Operating System"

The two really cool things about emacs are:
1)Keystrokes! I prefer the keyboard to the pointing device.
2)Interpreter can be run inside of the Editor, you can evaluate
  code 'fragments', load and execute individual modules or subroutines.
  That's a must for programming with with interpreters, in my book.

You can 'sort of' simulate that asynchronous action in vim by piping
regions of code to the interpreter thru shell calls, but the result is
stateless.

Vim has the hooks to compile perl, python, ruby interpreters directly
into the binary. Not sure if you can do that with php, tho'.

MTCW
tim

* Luke D <jules.inu@gmail.com> [060615 20:43]:

Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>