RE: DNS Help

From: Jenkinson, John P \(SAIC\) <John.Jenkinson@bp.com>
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 10:18:17 AKDT

might be the linux firewall
service iptables stop
as root then try

-----Original Message-----
From: aklug-bounce@aklug.org [mailto:aklug-bounce@aklug.org]On Behalf Of
Brian ThunderEagle
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:12 AM
To: aklug@aklug.org
Subject: DNS Help

Well, I seemlingly got my dns server running but nothing can communicate

with it. Of course if anyone can help me you may need to know how I have
my=20
network set up:

Internet Via Cable modem goes directly to the WAN port on a Linksys=20
Wireless-B Router.
Router goes to a patch panel and to a switch which goes out to the=20
individual ports in the house
Server is hooked up directly to Router, and Laptop/Desktop using
Wireless=20
connections.
The Linksys router has DHCP set up, with 192.168.1.1 being the router
itself
The server is set to use 192.168.1.2
DHCP release is set to 192.168.1.100-150
DHCP is set to assign 192.168.1.2 as the default DNS
Router has built in Firewall, port 53 TCP/UDP is set to forward to the
DNS=20
Server.

From the server I can do a dig and all my records return exactly
correct,=20
and my reverse look-up works as well.

From my linux desktop dig doesn't even appear to try to contact my local
dns=20
server first. It goes straight through the router.