DNS Help

From: Brian ThunderEagle <thundereagle@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 10:11:49 AKDT

Well, I seemlingly got my dns server running but nothing can communicate
with it. Of course if anyone can help me you may need to know how I have my
network set up:

Internet Via Cable modem goes directly to the WAN port on a Linksys
Wireless-B Router.
Router goes to a patch panel and to a switch which goes out to the
individual ports in the house
Server is hooked up directly to Router, and Laptop/Desktop using Wireless
connections.
The Linksys router has DHCP set up, with 192.168.1.1 being the router itself
The server is set to use 192.168.1.2
DHCP release is set to 192.168.1.100-150
DHCP is set to assign 192.168.1.2 as the default DNS
Router has built in Firewall, port 53 TCP/UDP is set to forward to the DNS
Server.

From the server I can do a dig and all my records return exactly correct,
and my reverse look-up works as well.

From my linux desktop dig doesn't even appear to try to contact my local dns
server first. It goes straight through the router.