Re: OS Recommendations?

From: Piet van Weel <pmvw@wbcable.net>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 20:19:06 AKDT

On the other hand...

Debian can be quite confusing for new users, and generally isn't for the
faint hearted. :D

OpenSUSE 10.1 on the other hand, is quite easy to configure for new
users. It doesn't want to revert back to the command line to do stuff. I
realize that Debian has been working on the look and feel lately, but
for a new user SuSE is definately the way to go. As for YAST taking time
to configure... I would come back and say that for a non-experienced
linux user, SUSE is really clear in what it wants.

That being said... They're both LINUX distros, they both have their
positives, their negatives and their bugs.
Maybe we should all go back to Slackware.. ;)

Piet