Re: OS Recommendations?

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 20:02:20 AKDT

On Thursday 01 June 2006 13:22, Shane R. Spencer wrote:
> Why has nobody mentioned Debian? are Debianists a dying breed in AK? :)

Debian is always the OS for discerning GNU/Linux users. I would have
mentioned it but it seemed so obvious ;-)

Seriously, Debian Etch is a good desktop now, server users need to
evaluate if it meets their requirements.

It does seem that GNU/Linux users are demanding/using distros that have
gui tools for configuring the system, pretty pictures > point > click.

I have OpenSuse 10.1 on a box, it is a nice, easy to configure (yast),
but, imho, it takes to much time to configure the system with yast, yast
is slow.

--
Greg Madden