DLP, LCD, LCoS?

From: Kurt Mathews <skidriprekah@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 14:47:44 AKDT

Hey luggers,
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about TV technologies? I will be
moving into an apartment with some coworkers in a few months, and we're
currently debating what kind of TV would be best for our new generation
cosoles...when...we get them. Also, I doubt a day will go by were a computer
has not been plugged into it. I'm pushing DLP myself, and with improvements
such as LED DLP, in combination with price, the products are looking good.
The other guy is pushing LCD. Obviously, LCD has richer saturation, less
problems with the image fading when moving along the verticle, but it does
tend to shift color over time and I notice bad jaggidies / ghosting on most
of the moddles they have for preview at Best Buy. That brings up another
question. Anyone have a place locally they would recommend for TV or home
electronics resale?

So, if anyone has experience with DLP, LCD, or LCoS TVs and has any
recommendations they could make, I would appreciate it.

*     Kurt Mathews
*     axkim@uaa.alaska.edu
*     k@uaa.alaska.edu