Re: Totally non linux or computer related question: Water related

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 20:28:35 AKDT

On Monday 22 May 2006 17:51, Adam bultman wrote:
> Hey everybody.
>
> I've driven down turnagain arm a ton of times, and most times, I've
> seen pipes coming out of the rock there with water coming out. Many
> times, I've seen people there, either hanging out, or collecting it in
> water jugs, and once, a bikini photoshoot (and it was cold that day).
>
> I'm going camping soon, and it'd be nice to have some decent tasting
> water instead of the crud that comes out of the pipes in my house.
>
> I've googled for it's location, but cannot find it - even when I
> include 'bikini photoshoot' in the search terms, and I'm loathe to
> spend a few hours driving up and down turnagain arm looking for a pipe
> that may no longer be there.
>
> If you know where it is, please, let me know so I can begin to harness
> the power of water coming out of pipes.

I can't remember the location (MP) of the pipe, but.., it is not
recommended to drink the water. It may seem 'pristine' upstream from the
pipe but animal waste, dead animals included, adds that little bit of
bacteria that can ruin a few days. Most wilderness campers these days,
afaik, carry water filtration equipment.

Check out (google) Giardiasis ("Beaver Fever")

FWIW, I have consumed lots of 'beaver water' out of necessity, it won't
kill you :-)

--
Greg Madden