Re: FakeAP

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 01:30:58 AKDT

>This is cool! However, the new AP's are 802.11g. Will my g access point
>stick out in a see of b access points? More importantly, will your g
>access point stick out? ( assuming you have one )

Depends on the rfmon card, b or b/g...Depends on your ap settings, b/g or
strict g.
Kismet/radio will see what the viewers card is capable of...If the person
using fakeap doesn't get carried away with the list, and uses probable
essids, it would work on a wardriver or (lol, omg!) warchalker.

Look into a patched madwifi. Hostap doesn't do (g) as far as I know.

All fakeap is is a iwconfig for loop on a array of words...
really,
my @words = ( "Access Point", "tsunami", "host", "airport", "linksys" );

system( $IFCONFIG, $interface_opt, "down" );
    system( $IWCONFIG, $interface_opt, "ESSID", $essid );
        printf( $IWCONFIG, $interface_opt, "ESSID", $essid );

Doesn't really have to be iwconfig, just the tool used to activate master
mode...Yeah, look into madwifi patched on Atheros hardware. Iwconfig will
work there too.

--eddie