System Exit Code 204

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 17:30:06 AKDT

Hi:

I'm using a programming language that executes a system call
on Linux Red Hat 9.0

A system call to "ls" returns exit code 0 (as I would expect)

A "buffered" system call -
which gathers results in a string, rather than printing to stdout
- to "ls" returns an exit code 204 which to this 'ol "C" dog signals an
error, however the results appear to be correct.

So I'm curious as to whether 204 is a known linux system error code number or
perhaps the language interpreter is "munging" the exit code.

Any links to linux error code info would be appreciated.
thanks
tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>