Re: Switching between desktops....

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Sat Mar 25 2006 - 12:38:40 AKST

On Saturday 25 March 2006 10:40, levi@akgeeks.com wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> I was just wondering if anyone knew of a shortcut key to switch between
> desktops... Im using KDE if that matters at all.
> Thanks,
> Levi

Each Window Manager has a method for switching desktops, a way to set
keybindings.. Somewhere in Kcontrol, kde's control panel, there is a way
to set key bindings. I think the default is 'alt+F1, alt+F2 for however
many desktops you have enabled. I am not using KDE so this is from
memory, it could be the ctrl key instead.

I prefer to set my desktop switching keybindings to use 'alt+1,
alt+2 ..etc., these are easier for me to reach and they don't interfere
with exisiting keybindings that use the 'ctrl' key.

--
Greg Madden