OFF-TOPIC: bridging a T1 to ethernet

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 09:23:12 AKST

Hey folks,
It's a bit off topic, but still techie....

We have a T1 link to one of our partners. Right now the T1 goes into a
CSU/DSU, and comes out a V.35 into a cisco router that routes some of
the subnets and locations in the company

We now want to put a pix between us and the partner. Pix's don't have
V.35 modules. Nor do they have anything that'll accept a T1. Pix's
want Ethernet. Period.

This has to be a common requirement, but so far the only solution I've
found is routers (e.g. cisco, adtran 3205 , kentrox Q2200) with T1's on
the outside and ethernet on the inside. Seems overkill to me, not to
mention complicating the communications path and giving Murphy an order
of magnitude or two more to screw things over.

What's normally done in this circumstance?

Thanks,