multiple ISP load balancing/failover hardware?

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 09:34:23 AKST

Does anyone have any experience with hardware load balancers for ISPs?
There are lots of vendors; any favorites?

Basically what I'd like to accomplish is this. I've looked into the load
balancing features of Linux advanced routing, and I've used multiple default
routes, but I'm not interested in hacking together my own scripts for
providing transparent failover. I've wanted to move my routing off my web
servers anyway, so a hardware load balancer seems to make the most sense.

I'd love to have something like this:

Satellite -\
>Load balancer <> WAN peering <> Load balancer
Wireless -/ \- 3rd uplink

Either of the load balancers ought to be able to use all three uplinks.

Thanks for any tips,
jermudgeon