compiling BAMP (PHP5)

From: dhull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 12:17:03 AKST

BAMP = BSD, Apache, MySQL & PHP.

I'm having trouble geting PHP working on OpenBSD
1. Apache 2
2. MySQL 5 (Static Libraries)
3. PHP5

PROBLEM
I configure PHP with "apxs2" and "--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql". It compiles but make install can't find "libphp5.so". If I compile without MySQL support it works fine.

I tested PHP4 and got the same thing. If I add MySQL support I don't get "libphp4.so".

My guess is that there is something going on with MySQL. Maybe it's the static libraries. I could try shared libraries but I can't get MySQL to work with shared libraries. It's a BSD thing. Shared libraries work fin on Linux.

I could switch to Linux but I've spent a few days on this problem and I don't want to give in now. Pleas help!!