define 'interesting'

From: lee <lee@afabco.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 17:10:29 AKST

Among the many things I have picked up on over the
days...weeks...years....is that other cultures have a rich and varied
lexicon to draw upon for making pronouncements about sudden and
extraordinary events (whereas in english we are normally limited to 'oh
f.. oh sh... oh whatever).

For example in some obscure chinese dialect is a short, sweet phrase
that conceptually translates to english as "Holy Mother of God and all
Her wacky nephews!"

Or another with 22 variations of the word "Interesting" ranging from
"wow, that's cool!" to "we are all going to die a horrible death".

So...the english "Hm. Interesting." in chinese would be "Holy Mother of
God and all of her wacky nephews we're gonna die a horrible death".

Can you tell I am procrastinating?

Lee
Anyone who puts a small gloss on a fundamental technology, calls it proprietary, and then tries to keep others from building on it, is a thief.
-Tim O'Reilly