Last Monthly meeting

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 13:06:42 AKST

Although I think there was some confusion about where the meeting was
going to be held, it went well enough.

We took a couple of the donated machines from AT&T and tried to get
them to boot some form of Linux.

We had some initial trouble getting the machines to boot the CD, but
things started rolling along after a few minutes. However, after
installing Vector Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, and other various
distributions, the only one that was able to reboot after the initial
install was Arthur Corliss's Nevaeh Linux. My hat off to you Arthur.
(Anyone know the emoticon for that?)

I saw a small install of Centos that I want to give a shot (369M) but
that was after the meeting.

The machines were dual core 200MHZ Pentium Pro machines with 256M
memory, network card and a whopping 4G (that's right only 4!) of scsi
disk space.

We have to give Vector Linux a second chance though, because the
machine that we installed it on, decided to take a nose dive.

All in all I'd say it was a success. We even had Net access!

I appreciate seeing those that showed up and look forward to having
more the next time.

I also wanted to remind folks that this location is not a replacement
for the Friday meetings in any way. It's an additional location that
we have access to once a month.

Looking forward to the next one!

Mike B.