Re: Monthly meeting - Donated Computers

From: Stanley Long <slong@customcpu.com>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 18:54:40 AKST

Shane R. Spencer wrote:
> i have some ppro 200's around I think :) and I really like non-friday
> meeting times as well.

We commonly get questions and requests for additional venues for the
Friday Linux work-sessions:
Some want non-Friday, more are hoping for a location in the south/west
part of town, or in Eagle River.

  it could be a huge screw up to how thing have
> already been set up for such a long time.. but its worth discussion.

There should be enough people to support multiple venues.
The problems were 1) bandwidth, 2) extended hours, and 3) parking CLOSE
to the action.

If presentations and demonstrations are the focus, the priorities change
somewhat, but it was a similar ranking of requirements that controlled
how and where the Amiga Users group functioned here in years gone by.