RE: Laptop PCMCIA problem

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 22:54:29 AKST

Try this "linux on a cd" distro.

http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Main_Page

I use it alot and have had great success with it recognizing everything from
pcmcia too usb gps devices, in fact thinking about it, everything I've
thrown at it...

Sounds like your into pc work, try this tool aswell.

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

windows on a cd ;) great for "mounting" and editing ntfs partitions and
other M$ thingys...Very handy...well supported...easy to create...

The link I gave in a previous post is a distro install for the most
part...The first link above will serve ya better in deciding if it's hw or
software gremlins...

When you get to kde from the above cd (first link above; it drops the user
right into root kde..) open a konsole and do a

lspci -vv;lsmod

or maybe

lsmod | grep yenta

or

dmesg

look for yenta or anything pertaining to pcmcia...

Use the same methods to decide if a pcmcia card is recognized; other than
the obvious cd spinning when ya plug a card in...

good luck,
eddie