Dosemu ?

From: Greg Madden <pabi@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 12:25:11 AKST

I have found a solution, of sorts, as to why Dosemu does not run on 2.6.12
+ kernels, basically anything after Debian Sarge. It seems that 2.6.12
the kernel folks added 'radomization_va_space' . This breaks dosemu
v.1.2.x and some other programs. The workaround for the v.1.2.x series is
to enter, as root, at a comand line of choice,:
'echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space'. Dosemu now works in
Debian Etch...yea :-)

A question is involved though, the command has to be entered each time the
box is started. How would I automate the process of entering this
command ? Be verbose.

ps, I have no idea what randomization_va_space is or how it works, which
is okay for me as long as the command does the trick.

pps. This is supposedly fixed in the development branch, 1.3.x ...yes Dos
in a Box lives on :-)

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.