Re: Linksys Router Table

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 13:48:29 AKST

Neil Moomey wrote:
> Good point. Right now I'm using Zoneedit.com Dynamic DNS. I just need to
> figure out where to put the script to update my nameserver everytime ACS
> changes my external IP address. I'm using PPPoe with DSL. Any ideas? I
> guess I could just create a cron task but that seems crude. How often will
> it change if I leave the router alone and leave at least one computer on all
> the time?
>
> Neil

As long as your router stays up you shouldn't get a new IP unless ACS
releases and renews, it has nothing to do with a computer on the inside
of your network. As for making sure your IP is updated, have a look at
this page: http://www.zoneedit.com/doc/dynamic.html and look at #2.

Hope that helps,

Jon