Greylisting

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 12:40:03 AKST

I am considering greylisting as yet another layer for spam. I have been
reading the pros and cons and have a list of the servers that will not
try a resend. I can easily white list those servers when the time comes,
but I was wondering if anyone else uses greylisting and their
experiences with it.

How many IP's or domains have you actually had to white list? Has it
been effective at stemming the tide of spam? Is it recommended or is
there something I missed in my reading that makes it a bigger headache
than creating a new cf for spamassassin?

Thanks for any advice,

Jon