amd64: Sill No Joy (Mirror at 50%)

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 23:16:13 AKST

Alas! I did another Debian amd64 install. It completed without
complaints, but when it came to starting X, it hung (locked the
keyboard) bringing up the Gnome log in screen. The screen choices did
include 1280x800 which is the native resolution for the "Widescreen"
display.

I am going to try a couple of ideas (make sure the mouse is correct, for
one) to see if I can move forward. The good news is there were no
complaints about using the reiserfs on the root partition (which
includes /boot), so that makes me happy. I am still looking for suitable
Linux drivers for:
  1. the ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 series graphics adapter,
  2. the Broadcom wireless thingy (it can do 802.11b/g and apparently g)
  3. the Conexant internal modem (last resort in the field)

Cheerio!

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "etch" Testing