Ubuntu Guru

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 16:57:55 AKST

Last Friday, I asked how to get an Ubuntu installation on a laptop to
default to the dial-up connection for Internet access. Damien made a
couple of suggestions and I tried them, but there was no way to select
"default" because the button was grayed out. I also hand edited the
/etc/network/interfaces file, but it reverted to its previous condition
on the next reboot (which I did to check this very thing).

I gave the poor woman (who only uses this for her email) detailed
instructions on how to bring up the gui thingy where she can "activate"
the dial-up whatis (ppp0). Once that is done, the link is brought up
automatically when she hits the button to get her email on Evolution.

So, Ubuntu Gurus, how can I set this box up to default to the ppp0
interface for Internet access?

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "etch" Testing