re:SUSE

From: Jamie Hushower <hushower@alaska-geeks.com>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 07:58:55 AKST

After becoming hooked on apt to update my Redhat and Fedora servers, I was
disappointed by the YAST update method on SUSE. I have yet to test apt for
SUSE, but it exists:

http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/home.html

The Dag Weiers site is one I trust for Redhat-based products. I can't vouch
for the above.

-Jamie

Robert Crowe (forge@mtaonline.net) wrote:

> Howdy Jim,
> After trying various other distributions (FC4, Mepis, Ubuntu) recently
> I found OpenSuse 10.0 more than satisfies my needs for now. First this
> website helps me enhance my OS more:
> http://www.susewiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page and I use this one for
> now beyond the default Yast2 source: http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
> and finally for those odd and end RPM's I've been getting them from
> here: http://rpm.pbone.net/ I hope these help out. Take care, Bob.
> /Put 9.3 on my laptop last night, and I am impressed. However, I miss //
> yum-like ability to install from network sources. I found the "add
> location" part of Yast2, but could not get it happy with any of the FTP
> mirrors. Can any of you Susi folk point me to the correct address of a
> useful server?
>
> / /Thanks
>
> Jim/
>
> --
> ?"If automobiles had improved as much as electronics in the past few decades,
> they would go a million miles per hour, cost only pennies, and last for decades."
>
> "You can have my Linux when you pry it from my cold dead hands."
>
> Linux Certified 2020 Laptop
> Intel Pentium(R) 4 2.80 Ghz
> 1.5G Ram, 80 GB HD
> OpenSuse 10.0 Operating System