Re: MEPIS Questions

From: Greg Madden <pabi@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 06:01:45 AKDT

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 08:51 pm, Matthew Dunaway wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am currently running SuSE 9.1 Pro. I know that the end-of-life for
> security updates is just around the corner. I was thinking about
> downloading/installing suse 10.
> My MEPIS question is, if I install it on my hard drive, does mepis
> offer security updates or do you just have to install the latest
> version every time they release one?
> I checked all over the mepis websites and couldn't find any info on
> security updates.
> Anybody have any thoughts??
> I really like mepis, but am concerned about security.
>
> I have been trying to download suse 10, but it keeps stopping at about
> 97%. Would a Internet install be easier??

I am not familiar wit Mepis but since it is Debian based, open this file
in a text editor: '/etc/apt/sources.list' You should see a line
containing the word security in the address. i.e. Ubuntu uses this but
the syntax will be similar.

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu breezy-security main restricted

--
Greg Madden