Re: IT Expo

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 12:39:34 AKDT

Stephen King wrote:

>Ain't that the truth. I can't help but wonder if they didn't blow the
>advertising on purpose, though, to keep the numbers down to make certain
>they didn't have a registration debacle like last year. But this year
>it went fairly smooth, thanks in a large part to a decent web interface
>for registration.
>
>Damien had a pretty awesome booth, BTW.
>
>Stephen

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm meeting with someone I met at the expo so I got something out of it.
My big complaint is that there weren't that many people I would call
potential customers. There were people that walked in off the street but
they just wanted the free stuff. The second day was rough. Most of the
exhibitors talked to each other because there wasn't anyone else to talk
to.

I spent about $1200 which includes the posters and a few extras. For
that I gave out business cards, people saw my name and as I mentioned
before I'm meeting with someone I met at the expo. It's another business
that had a booth.

Was it cost effective? Well, it was much better then putting an add in
the paper. Will I do it again? Maybe, but I think doing a presentation
might be better for me. The down side to a presentation is that you
never know if anyone will show up.