My first AKLUG experience

From: Bob Crowe <forge@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 00:05:40 AKDT

Howdy,
 I just got back from my first LUG meeting and it was awesome! In a
matter of 2 hours I learned how to format my external hard drive (still
have one more issue I'll save for a later post,) use various command
line tools to find out information about my computer, set up and use a
wireless card to access wireless networks, the purpose of udev (and it's
downfall,) and the term WAF for future hacking projects. And than had a
stimulating conversation about various GUI's, video cards (like ATI
needs to start supporting Linux as good as Nvidia if they want to keep
me as a customer,) and some of the paradigm shifts needed at the
workplace to increase productivity, promote better code and software,
good games, and stop micromanagement. Than the icing on the cake was the
Debian logo on the side of someones work truck. Awesome! Thanks you
guys,Bob.