Re: My FC3 is broken

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 10:43:47 AKDT

Damien Hull wrote:
> I just ran "yum update" on my main server which runs FC3. Here's what I got.
>
> --> Processing Dependency: libgssrpc.so.3 for package: krb5-workstation
> --> Processing Dependency: krb5-libs = 1.3.6-7 for package:
> krb5-workstation
> --> Processing Dependency: krb5-libs = 1.3.6-7 for package: krb5-devel
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: krb5-libs = 1.3.6-7 is needed by package
> krb5-workstation
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgssrpc.so.3 is needed by package
> krb5-workstation
> Error: Missing Dependency: krb5-libs = 1.3.6-7 is needed by package
> krb5-devel
>
> I'm not sure what's going on here. It could be user error or FC3 could
> be broken. I'll have to do a little digging to find out what's going on.

I had the exact same problem two nights ago on FC4. I looked into it a
little bit and found nothing really. What I ended up doing was going and
finding the latest version of the app the library belonged to and
downloaded and moved it into my /var/cache/yum/yum-update/ folder. The
file I was looking for was libmjpeg.so.0 or something, I downloaded and
moved the mjpegutils<someversion>.rpm into the directory listed above
and then re-ran the update.

You might have to reboot or log out then back in again, I don't remember
which.

Maybe, I don't know. You could always just format and use a real OS like
DOS 6.2.

Jon