Re: DSL

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 19:29:42 AKDT

Matthew Dunaway wrote:
> Funny thing is, when I pop in my SimplyMEPIS CD that came with the book
> "Point & Click Linux" it detects and sets up my DSL connection.

Is the simplymepis cd a livecd? Does it use dhcp to set up it's ip
address and if so, what address does it give it? Also, what address do
you have for your suse box or whatever your main workstation is?

Did you statically setup your ip address inside of suse so it is not
getting an ip address from the paradyne?

Jon