Re: DSL

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 10:13:26 AKDT

Kevin Miller wrote:

>Matthew Dunaway wrote:
>

>>Yay!!
>>Acs came by and installed DSL for me today.
>>Now, I can't get it to work in SuSE 9.0
>>Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this dillema???
>>---------
>>with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.
>>

>I'm running DSL but I have a netgear SOHO router sitting between me and ACS.
>Worked w/o any trouble. I just set up my 192.168 internal network and point
>to the Netgear box as the default gateway.
>
>Are you plugging straight in, or usng a router? If straight in, are you
>using a crossover cable or straight through?
>
>...Kevin

This is most simple using a router. 50 bucks from Best Buy or whatever,
and you have none of the headache of making sure your system has the
correct IPtables rules, you don't have to worry about a second box
that's a dedicated firewall, etc.

I used roaring penguin for PPPOE when I didn't use a router (testing
VOIP), and it worked well. But then, if you have a linksys or whatever,
it's just a matter of plugging in your username and password...

Adam