Re: ACS - Rant

From: lee <lee@afabco.com>
Date: Sat Oct 01 2005 - 11:40:13 AKDT

I've a number of friends and clients over the years (3 right now) that
use / did use ACS. This is pretty typical. The -only- time I ever was
able to get in touch with a tech support person I had to walk in the
front door and find one. I've a client right now that is
computer-hostile, and after 3 years I convinced her to get internet, she
succumbed, and has nothing but trouble with it. And of course I catch
the blame. And I can't get anyone from tech support to return a call.

Now, that being said, once it does get working ok, it's usually pretty
solid.

But yes, that is why I generally recommend GCI, unless the traffic caps
are a problem, or it's not available. They have (almost) always been
available and helpful, and they're one of the few cable companies I've
seen that appear to have done it right.

Other people, of course, will have horror stories of GCI. 8). Ain't
technology wunnerful.

Lee

--
  AFABCO