RE: Fast Downloads in Anchorage

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 12:23:28 AKDT

Justin Dieters writes:
> For the same price as what we're paying MTA for 768, we could=20
> be getting 10Mbps and no limit with GCI. If they would just=20
> run their lines across the street, but we've been asking them=20
> about that for over 5 years now with no progress.

Is there another business across the street?

If so, I'd ask them about a co-location deal, and put up a wireless
bridge to handle the cross-street data.

Simple, and cheap, and both folks get a better deal.

Because it's not cheap to rip apart the road, just to run coax to
one interested business. They probably quoted you, what, 20k$?
That's not a good argument by any stretch, for just one customer.