RE: Fast Downloads in Anchorage

From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 11:26:38 AKDT

Jon Reynolds wrote:

> Yeah, isn't it like 10Mb downloads and 384kb uploads or some crazy
> crap like that? To me that is worthless, give me upload or give me
> death!

Even worse with their bottom feeder accounts. Something like 512 down, 64
up. I'm guessing that they're deliberately trying to squelch home users
from setting up servers. Like everybody is going to go out and pay beaucoup
bucks for a symetrical business connection. Sigh. The paranoid would
suspect the RIAA's and Microsoft's hand in it somewhere, trying to prevent
the proliferation of Linux servers distributing music at a grass root level!
<g>

...Kevin

155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500