Oh no, I've been hacked

From: Grant Stockly <grant@cmosxray.com>
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 11:47:18 AKDT

I just discovered that someone "hacked" a phpBB web board I have.

What they really did was use a few documented exploits to change the name
of the categories and then post a bunch of spam. So they probably found
the bug track list, found the bug, and went in google looking for old
versions of phpBB.

I knew for a while that the version of phpBB had holes, but didn't think
someone would mess with a small time website. (phpBB takes a while to
upgrade due to the "mod" methods)

Its like the security holes with your car. Parking at CARRS you don't
expect someone to key it.

Anyway, its pretty stupid and its already fixed...but now I have a little
less faith in man kind. :(

Grant