RE: Hi & Distro Recomendation for newbie

From: Hassler, Jeff <Jeff.Hassler@asc.asrc.com>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 07:22:15 AKDT

That's a good point. We run a data warehouse and I wouldn't consider it
without views and stored proceedures. It is Oracle running on Suse ES 8;
soon to be ES 9. If you compare the Postgresql pl/sql to Oracle pl/sql,
they are almost identical. Postgresql also supports point-in-time
recovery which may, or may not, be an issue in a data warehouse
depending on whether you can recreate the data from production or not.